We officially moved out of our first home on Sunday and in with the in-laws. I can't tell you how nice it was to sleep in an actual bed for the first time in a week. I rented a PODS container and had most of the furniture out of the house last weekend, including the beds, so I was sleeping on a matress pad. I was staying at the house alone, so I didn't need too much in the way of furniture. I kept out one chair, my tv, and a desk I used as the tv stand. I am glad it is all over for now. I may change my mind, depending on how long it takes us to find a new home, but I think I will be paying someone to unload the PODS.
We are taking our time with the home search now and being extremely picky about what houses we even look at. Last Friday we found a great house, one I describe as our old house on steroids. The owners blew out the back wall of the house and added a breakfast room and great room. Of course, as nice as it is, the price is steep and the square footage is way too much. Yet we still really want it. If the market keeps going this way, we may just make a ridiculous offer to see if they would take it. Until then, we will keep looking.
No comments:
Post a Comment