Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A house?

I have been putting off updating the blog because the house hunt has been so stressful. I took new baby bump pictures last week and have yet to even load them on the computer, but I do plan on taking care of that tonight.

So here is what has happened in the last 6 weeks:
We made an offer on a house, it was countered, and ridiculously so, we just walked away. Come to find out it was a good thing b/c we know one of the neighbors and after the fact they told us about flooding issues.
We made an offer on another house, they waited until the deadline and then stalled, then countered our offer. We find out the next day that they were waiting on a second bidder to make an offer, which they took, and angered me to no end. Then last week, the house I first posted about back in September that was our old house on steroids, we finally put an offer in on it. The family was afraid of being in our current position and asked if they could have an extra day to review and look at houses for themself. We gladly agreed b/c we loved the house. Well Saturday they called and said they wouldn't be forced to make a decision and were going to take as much time as they liked to review our offer. At this point, we just said sure, but warned them that we were going to start looking at other houses.
The next day we met with our agent at noon and at 1:30 found the perfect home. The couple that stalled planned to meet with their agent at 2pm to make a counter offer. We called and told them that wouldn't be necessary. And today offer #5 was accepted. The steroid house shouldn't have stalled b/c now they lost a sale, but in the end it seems to have worked out for us. I just hope I haven't jinxed us with this post.
This should be our new house, once we complete an inspection and all that other good stuff.