Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Negotiations begin ...

We received an offer on our house on Monday that was ridiculously low, plus they wanted us to pay their closing costs, plus they wanted our washer, dryer and refrigerator and all the window treatments. In other words, they were trying to buy the house and all its contents for about $20K under our asking price. I wanted to just flat out say no and move on, but we decided to counter. Well they countered our counter today, and are still trying to get the house for cheap. I feel like we are in a good position because we aren't desperate to sell and our house is getting a lot of activity on the market. Unfortunately, if we don't come to an agreement, there is always the possibility of not getting another offer. So we have some deciding to do and hope that the outcome ends up in our favor, either in the immediate future or down the line.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

i cant wait until you move to ann arbor.....just saying.

Gina is VERY stressed about doing lamaze without me there beside her