Monday, March 9, 2009

Growing

We were both pretty surprised by how small Harper was at birth. And then at the first doctor's appointment less than a week later, she had lost almost a full pound. I think we are pretty comfortable with how well she is doing since that point. At her 3 week check-up on Friday she weighed in at 7lbs 6oz, a two pound gain in 2 weeks. The doctor said she looked great and was moving in the right direction on all the charts. As for us, we are trying to get in a routine, but Harper has her own timetable most of the time. Gina was loaned a great book by Steph, "The Baby Whisperer", that she is flying through and learning a lot from, so once she finished that I will have to check it out as well. I feel like we are doing pretty good and taking it one day at a time. Shelby and Coal have acclimated pretty well, although it is quite funny that Shelby seems to want to go outside anytime Harper cries. The rest of the time Shelby has been very intrigued, and protective.

No comments: